Whilst the church is normally kept locked, there are two key holders for All Hallows Church as follows:-
Christine Sawyer of Rectory Farm (opposite the church) is contactable on 01430 872251 and
Liz Stephenson of Manor Farm (a little further up the road on the left) can be contacted on 07779 246214.
A notice in the porch will advise if the building is already open for visitors. Please feel free to speak to either key holder if you wish to make prior arrangements for the key.
A service of Holy Communion is held at 9am on the 4th Sunday of the month during the winter season, and on the second and fourth Sunday of each month in the summer.
The Vicar for All Hallows is Reverend Caroline Pinchbeck and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Hallows Church was constructed in 1130 on the site of the demolished pagan temple with a simple nave and chancel and it is a fine example of an early Norman period church. The tower is thought to have been built in 1180 and in 1200 the nave was enlarged when the north aisle was added. The 5ft high font is early 16th century with rich carvings on its eight-sided bowl and stem. In 1850 an earlier font, possibly dating from the ninth century, was found in a farmyard where it had been used as a drinking trough, and it was returned to the church. The church was restored by the architect Temple Moore in 1900, and in 1927 there was a pilgrimage and a service held in the churchyard to mark 1300 years of Christianity in the North of England. The older stained glass windows reflect the church’s long and interesting history and include images of King Edwin, Ethelburga and Coifi. The modern Millennium window vibrantly illustrates Goodmanham‘s spiritual and pastoral heritage.